Macrium Reflect Free - No Boot CD

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TheKid7, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I know someone who has Macrium Reflect Free. His hard drive failed recently. He has Image Backups on another internal hard drive. He installed a new hard drive. His Macrium Reflux Free boot CD will start the process of loading, will fail to fully load and then eject the CD. He closes the CD tray, trys to boot the CD and the same thing happens again and again. He has visually examined the CD's surface for scratches/damage and cannot visually detect any damage.

Is there any simple/easy to get another Macrium Reflect boot CD besides intalling Macrium Reflect Free on another Windows PC and then making the boot CD?

Thanks in Advance.

2. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Burnt CDs can go bad for a variety of reasons besides scratches (example: Leaving them under the sun). I make my bootable media on a USB key dedicated to the task. Loads much faster too.

In any case, making the boot media from another machine may be your only option.

3. TheKid7

I installed my Microsoft Patch Tuesday Updates and software updates, followed by making a Full Image of my Windows System Partition. After that I installed Macrium Reflect Free, created the Macrium Reflect Linux based CD and then Restored the Full Image of My Windows System Partition.

I will give him the Macrium Reflect boot CD tomorrow.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

why not create the winpe 4.0 boot cd and use it? The Linux version does not have backup function, it can only restore.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Make the recovery CD into a bootable jump drive.

6. TheKid7

What steps are needed in order to make a Macrium Reflect Free WinPe 4.0 boot CD?

When I downloaded Macrium Reflect Free, I noticed that additional files were included for making a WinPE boot boot CD.

7. TheKid7

He reported that the Macrium Reflect Free boot CD that I made for him worked. He successfully restored the Image to the replacement hard drive. He reported that his PC is now performing normally.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@TheKid7
    That's good news. Glad things have worked out.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.