Machine hangs - image creation almost finished

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jhamill, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhamill

jhamill Registered Member

With Builds 826, 859, and 889:
    I am running Windwoes 98SE on a Dell Inspiron 7500 Laptop. My machine hangs when TI has (almost successfully) completed am imaging operation. The Big Red Switch and a cold reboot are needed to reset the machine, so I am left with very few clues.
    On restart, when I rt-click the task,Acronis TI reports that the image has "not ever been started". Yet when I look at the log file, it is apparent that the imaging started at the appropriate time, and made it's way through step 8 , "Creating partition image" (without error). What is missing from the log is step nine "Image creation succeeded", which is usually there after a good imaging operation.
    Without a more detailed log there is little more I can report, but some of the collective body may have some better ideas.

There are some hints:
    A.) I suspected that the machine was some how going into "suspend" or "hibernation" overnight when this image was scheduled, but I have now ruled them out (along with any other power saving features).
    B.) I suspected "brownouts" or power outages may be apparently stopping the machine, but an UPS has now eliminated that possibility.
    C.) Manual-initiation of an image always succeeds.
    D.) If I rt-click the task and reschedule it. It runs OK. ( but now that I think of it, I don't remember if I only had Acronis minimized at the time.
    E.) This is a fairly stable machine, I don't want to hear about Virii or phony Greek horses at this time.
    F.) The only time that the machine hangs is at 3:00 in the morning when TI is awakened to run an incremental backup, (not in the Secure Zone).
    G.) The only other apparently "active applications at that time are Outlook 2000, which checks for e-mail every 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts in this matter.
    JJH

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jhamill,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of the scheduled task which was in progress when the computer hung? Also please do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send the saved file to us.

Also please include the link to this thread into your letter.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jhamill

jhamill Registered Member

Ilya, I have prepared the reports you requested and sent them to support@acronis.com . I also included a copy of the Acronis log file as well.
    Do I watch the TI forum for any answer, or will I hear from Acronis by e-mail?
    Regards,
    JJH

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi JJH,

You should receive an e-mail reply from direct Acronis (in addition to their automated response) within 48 hrs. If not, post back and advise Ilya of your Ticket # that was included in the automated response. He will endeavour to find out the reason behind the delay.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jhamill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Acronis Support Team. We will certainly answer you soon. If not please follow Menorcaman's advice and I will find out the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.