Macfee Spamkiller 6

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by shyam, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shyam

shyam Registered Member

Hello Techsupport,

Can anyone know how to remove manually Macfee Spamkiller 6 ?

I am having an issue with McAfee SpamKiller. (I have McAfee VirusScan as my anti-virus tool). I purchased SpamKiller online from McAfee in December. It was working OK, then somehow became corrupted. I uninstalled it and went to McAfee's Web site to re-install it and have had problems ever since. It won't install.

I've chatted online with 8 different techs, none of whom solved my problem. I have closed all other applications and turned off pop-up blockers while downloading, cleared cookies and temp. files. It seems to download OK, but when it gets to installation, I get a little window that says "An error during installation," and it tells me to re-boot and try again. (Of course, it doesn't tell me what the error is!) I've re-booted and tried so many times, I can't remember. The same thing happens.

I even decided I'd use their pay-per-call; when I called the number, I got a recorded message that the telephone number is invalid! I'm going bonkers with this.... :( If anyone have time, can you make a suggestion or two of what I can do to solve this? I know you all are so busy, and I wouldn't bother any one of you, but just don't know where else to turn..

Thanks in advance.
    Shyam

2. dread

dread Registered Member

3. shyam

shyam Registered Member

Thanks Dread !

As mentioned earlier, I have chatted with them.. In a single word, supports are pathetic. :oops: :oops:

Thanks !
    Shyam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.