Mac OS 10.75 - How many hours is it supposed to take?

Discussion in 'Paragon Mac Utilities' started by seldredg, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seldredg

seldredg Registered Member

UPDATE: Mac OS 10.75 - How many hours is it supposed to take?

I don't know Mac names, but I have mac OS 10.7.5 on a MacBook. Camptune X has been spinning away for probably 24 hours now telling me not to interrupt it. I was resizing from 52GB to 120GB on my Windows partition. Is Camptune doing anything?

UPDATE: I stopped it, and apparently it never did anything to either partition. I guess that's the best you could hope for from software like this that doesn't work.

UPDATE 2: I got a response from support after a few days, simply telling me to try a more current version. I was given a link to download v10.7, which made me wonder why I got v10.2 directly from their own website only a few days ago. I repaired permissions and verified my disc and tried 10.7; it didn't work any differently than 10.2 as far as repartioning, but it did remove my Bootcamp from the my Mac startup preferences, so now I can't use Windows. Still waiting for an answer from support. Seems to be 3-4 days+ between each response.

How do you go about getting a refund?

Regards

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. Onsitecomputersusa

Onsitecomputersusa Registered Member

My experience exactly... Still waiting for my first response and it has been 4 days now. I am beginning to think the support staff is a bit overwhelmed by problems with buggy software. I followed the instructions to the letter, waited about 8 hours for the partition resizing, and discovered my Bootcamp is GONE! and to top it off, the MAC partition did not resize from 63Gb to the 100Gb I specified. Don't know if I will ever receive any reply from support to locate my missing Bootcamp partition. I believe it is there, but from what I have read in similar posts - no one has been successful in recovery of it once lost. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.