Mac or PC ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by carry, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carry

carry Registered Member

Hello,
    I want to buy a new computer-(laptop)
    Which is the best:Mac or Pc ?
    And could you tell why you make this choice to one rather to another one
    (I have now a 6 years old hp PC )
    Carry.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have never used a MAC, mainly because it has always been too expensive compared to a PC. I am not sure about this but I think one doesn't have the same freedom when choosing hardware when building your own system (hence the high price), but not sure as I said. Someone may enlighten me if I am wrong.
    And maybe I am a victim of PC-fanatics propaganda here, but I understand that if you're a gamer a mac is not the way to go, at least if you want to play the latest games, I understand that it takes time until they are (ported?) released to Mac.
    The supposedly better security doesnt bother me since it is hard enough to get infected on a PC for me so that is not a problem.
    I sure would like to try a Mac someday though, the interface looks cool. And I have heard that it is lightning fast too, compared to Windows at least.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Maybe it's "MAC or PC + Linux ?"

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    What do you intend to do?
    My brother, who does a LOT of photo editing and design, bought himself a Mac book, which is reasonable choice for such endeavors. But if you play games and surf a bit, no reason to spend extra buck on the exceptionally pretty Mac :)
    Mrk

5. carry

carry Registered Member

thank you for your answers.
    I am not a gamer at all :)
    Just like to surfing,hear and download musik and Dvds' films and writing ...and wanted to take it whenever I go.
    I agree MAC looks like very pretty but apart from the price what's makes the difference ?And also WHY is it so expensive ?
    Carry-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.