Mabezat.A

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by alhelli, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alhelli

alhelli Registered Member

We're having a major outbreak of this virus/work in our company and NOD32 only makes it worse.

Apparently NOD32 is only able to DELETE files infected with the W32/Mabezat.A.

It doesn't allow you to CLEAN while other anti-virus I've tried (Microsoft ForeFront and Symantec Antivirus) allow you to clean the files and use them again.

Problem is, this worm/virus infects executable files that you need, if you delete them you basically have to re-install everything all over again.

It's very bad that NOD32 can't detect the worm before it infects the PC if it's copied from a Network. It waits for it to infect the files and then displays the alerts to DELETE them.

EDIT: meant to post this in V3 forum!

2. CivilTaz

CivilTaz Registered Member

It seems NOD32 has not very good cleaning capabilities, it's sad to read this, but it's the true, time ago i had the same problem with some files, i don't remember the name of the virus that infected them, but i never could clean them with NOD32, it detected the virus and deleted and send the files to quarentine, so i had to use Norton to clean them. Other persons are having the same issue
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=224826

NOD32 has very good detection , but i hope they work on the cleaning part.

3. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

NOD32 v4's cleaning ability is superior to v3.

4. alhelli

alhelli Registered Member

I tried v4 already, same scenario.

However, I'd like to note that I've been in touch with ESET and I'm happy with the response I'm getting so far. They released a new update to address the problem (althought it didn't really work, the files it was cleaning were getting corrupted) but the support is promising and I expect it to be resolved soon... hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.