LWM Re: HJT - news, general information

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dog, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi LWM, ;)

Just checked in this morning and saw your Announcement regarding HJT Logs, my question isn't directly related to HJT Log Forum but rather it's partner in the Browser Hijacking and Spyware Problems forum re: news, general information and FAQs ... will there still be "news/procedure" updates posted in this forum ... so that we may be kept informed on the latest changes? If not, could you post a link, if this information is available elsewhere? Please and Thanks?

Although I am sadden by the decision, it is more than understandable. Just a furhter quesition in regards to the reason, as you explained in MikeBCda thread, ... would this decision be in anyway reversible ... if say ... Wilders' Members went thru boot camp ... and once they earned their wings as a ~helper~... were to say provide dedicated support at Wilders' only? Or is there already thought between the admin's in the security community to setup & provide a shared type of service? ... or just provide it thru a few dedicated boards?

Sorry for all the questions. ;) I hope you don't mind o_O ... and I hope the questions aren't out of line. ;) :)

Much Thanks in Advance ;)

Steve

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

With the current volume on HJT logs it seems every internet user should go to bootcamp,
    make sure to have the proper defence, protective measures and detection in installed software and habits, windows updates, and use all the defence and keep it all updated.
    It's a real pity the HJT files for instance are so different, one can google for similarities but then still it's hard to know what to do, in which order and using which tools.
    Sometimes i'm lucky on a few details in user's logs, with the same details with explanation elsewhere, and so to add some to my own education in helping others, but i'm very far from an expert in that field, so trying to use the tools i'm familiar with as much as possible.

3. dog

dog Guest

Thanks to FanJ(thanks) ... providing a link in another thread ... This questions is answered by Paul at DLSP (post 10) ...Thread at DLSR

But my question regarding the Browser Hijacking and Spyware Problems forum re: news, general information and FAQs is still unanswered ... will there still be "news/procedure" updates posted in this forum ... so that we may be kept informed on the latest changes? If not, could you post a link, if this information is available elsewhere? Please and Thanks?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Simply put, we haven't decided about that yet. We'll let you know when we do.

5. dog

dog Guest

Much Thanks LWM ;)

:rolleyes: Sorry I ask so many questions :rolleyes: ........ ;) :D :blink: :ninja:

Steve

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Steve,

We do prefer people asking questions over on this board, rather then a deafening silence ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.