Lucomserver and Aupdate - Illicit Use?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by baumgrenze, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Registered Member

How frequently should I expect NAV 7.07.23D to run lucomserver and aupdate.

Several times a day I can hear disk activity and see that these processes are running when I check the task list.

When I check NAV I find that there have been no recent updates.

I am concerned that someone else may be using these NAV utilities to move information into or out of my computer. Is my concern warranted?

Thanks!

2. baumgrenze

baumgrenze Registered Member

Since some may have read the above and been interested in the answer, here it is from the WOPR board:

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=security&Number=457242

HansV Moderator WoodysMVP
    (Moderator WMVP)
    02-Mar-05 08:05

Re: Lucomserver and Aupdate - Illicit Use?

Live Update checks frequently whether there are updated virus definitions. (Your PC has to ask, updates don't get pushed to your PC automatically.) So I don't think this is worrying.

Regards,
    Hans

JohnGray WoodysMVP
    (WMVP)
    02-Mar-05 08:24

Re: Lucomserver and Aupdate - Illicit Use?
    new Post: 457244 re: 457235 from baumgrenze

Buried in the Help info is; "By default, Automatic LiveUpdate checks for updates to Norton AntiVirus virus definitions every four hours, when your computer is connected to the Internet." I haven't found anywhere where you can change this "every four hours" default, though.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.