LUA, Applocker, Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mamen, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mamen

Mamen Registered Member

I'm looking into using only LUA, Applocker and Sandboxie for security. I have a few questions:

At the moment I just have the default settings for Applocker set up and I am using an Administrator account yet I can't run .exe files outside of Program Files (and presumably the Windows folder; haven't tried). With default settings, shouldn't an Administrator be able to run all files?

Are the default settings in Applocker adequate enough, creating allow rules when necessary for programs I use and trust?

I remember reading somewhere that you need to change Application Identity in services to Started and Automatic to use Applocker properly. Is this true? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Edit: Does UAC in an Administrator account offer similar protection that LUA offers?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Mamen

Mamen Registered Member

Thank you, Cudni.

I can run the files if I right click and choose Run as administrator. Is that expected?

4. timestand

timestand Former Poster

5. timestand

timestand Former Poster

Yes that is correct ok. It is to do with UAC.

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.