lsass2 virus/spyware ???

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by fire, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire

fire Registered Member

is there a fast solution (tool available) for removing the mentioned virus/spywareo_O I'm not personally "infected"...I'm asking for someone in Europe that needs help.... thanks...for any replies....with any info.....

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is a link here on removing Lsass2.exe

Hope this help...

Cheers :D

3. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, the process lsass2.exe is added by the Agobot/Gaobot worm, unfortunately there are over 1000 variants of this worm, some examples exploited holes in windows so make sure that they have all the updates.

I don’t think there is a stand alone removal tool.

This is what I recommend;

(Take care while editing the windows registry, it is recommended to back it up before deleting anything.)

1. Boot into safe mode.

2. Run scan with AV, take note of processes started by the worm and their location

3. Open task manager; kill the processes identified in step 2,
    Close task manager, re-open it, and make sure they have stopped.

4. You may need to delete the auto start entries from the registry;

A. In the left panel, double-click the following:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>
    Windows>CurrentVersion>Run

In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries whose data value (in the rightmost column) is the Malware file(s) detected earlier.

A. In the left panel, double-click the following:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>
    Windows>CurrentVersion>RunServices

In the right panel, locate and delete the entry or entries whose data value (the rightmost column) is the Malware file(s) detected earlier.

5. Restart in normal mode, scan again. If the problem is still there you may need to edit the host file to remove entries placed by the worm.

I know this isn't a quick fix, and caution needs to be taken while editing the registry, but this has worked for me before. The main problem is that there are so many variants of this worm, thay all have different reg entries, files etc.

Good luck.

4. fire

fire Registered Member

thanks so much for your replies....i'll pass the info along... many thanks, again!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.