lsass

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TrBot, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrBot

TrBot Registered Member

I don't have access to SP2 right now, so I made do by disabling Windows messenger (to stop those silly MSN popups that say "fix your pc fast" etc)
    And turned on WIndows firewall by clicking my connection and enabling it blah blah.

However, on another pc, (not connected to this one) I can't enable the
    firewall, as the Advanced tab doesn't seem to be there.

http://www.geocities.com/malx75/error.JPG

So, I have to use the shutdown -a command prompt for that pc.

Also, on that same PC, when I try to reinstall XP, it will not let me. The
    setup ALWAYS crashes at the Partition step.

However, the XP cd works fine on otherwise on other pc's, and it's an original

Any help?

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

TrBot,

I am assuming that this system is running XP already, and you just want a clean install. Am I correct?

Also, what make and model is this PC?

I am inclined to believe that this is a hardware issue, possibly minor and easy to fix. The first thing that you will need to do is look at the Device Manager and make sure that no devices have a yellow exclamation point, or red X over them. When you are in the Device Manager, please select "Show Hidden Devices" from the view menu. Post any errors that you find

The next thing that you need to check is the Event Viewer. Use the Event Viewer to look at the System Log. If there are any events yellow exclamation point, or red Xs, please post them.

If all is clean, then I would recommend making sure that you have the latest BIOS version for your PC. I need to know the make and model of your PC to help you here.

If the BIOS is up to date, then we can delete the partition the old fashioned way. We will download and use FDISK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.