lsass.exe error

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Anneke, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anneke

Anneke Registered Member

Hi!

After some days I finally succeed to restore the image which include some partitions. I have:

disk 2:
    System(c: )
    Page(d: )
    Exchange(e: )
    Log (f: )
    Profiles(g: )
    MBR and track 0

disk 3:
    Data1 (H: )
    Data2(I: )
    MBR and track 0

disk 4:
    Cream scsi (X: )
    MBR and track 0

It was very difficult to restore this, so I first restored disk 2, after that Data1, Data2, MBR and the day after that finally disk 4.
    Now I start up and I get this fault:
    "Directory Services could not start because of the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Error Status: 0x0c000000f. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information"

The OS of the image is a server 2000. The whole restore-process is done in vmware. I used the ATI Enterprise Server with universal restore... I added the drivers of vmware. The restore was everytime succesfull.

I don't have the bootCD of the windows server 2000 so I can't recover it there. I also noticed that the Letters of the drive's are not the same as it used to be. So I guessed that was the fault but I can't get into the system to change the letters. Not even in "save mode" I get in...

I've tried to restore every partition at a time and restart the system, so I can see that the restore was succesfull. But everything seems fine...

So, I guess I'm in a loop because I can't boot properly, there is no way I can get into the system... Althought, no way I know...

Thanks for your reply

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Anneke,

Thank you for using Acronis Enterprise Server Disk Backup software

Could you please clarify if you're restoring the single image of live server or restoring partitions from several images?

Could you please also clarify if you're receiving the same error message if you're restoring the full image (containing all drives and partitions) at once? Please note that it's possible to change drive letters on your Microsoft Windows 2000 Server using Acronis Disk Director Server 10.0 software (you can use Acronis Bootable Rescue Media if your system is not bootable).

I can also suggest you to create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and then submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. Anneke

Anneke Registered Member

I had already another way to restore the image... Because there wasn"t any reaction after some time and I didn't have the time to wait.
    I found a vmware tool that recovered the image without any interaction.

I saw that there where 3 disks in one image (fullbackup in more little backups from the same size) I guessed the fault was that:
    1) there was no page-file ...
    2) the drive letters where changed...

I don't understand why Acronis always have to change those. It is not funny to after the restore always enter windows to change those letters. Reboot again en change the letters again.
    Yes I had to change the letters twice because the letter I had to have wasn't there to click on... Don't ask me why, that's just the way it was. So I had first to give them letters like K, L Z, Y etc. Reboot, see if the changes where made and then again change the letters to the right letters: D, E, F, G, H, I, X

It would be easier if it was possible to hold the drive-letters... It will reduce time we spend on those things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.