lost truecrypt container after using windows error check

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by pirate988, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirate988

pirate988 Registered Member

Hello guys,
    I have a problem that i spent the last month looking for possible solution and so far nothing worked.
    I have a portable disk with a 10GB tryecrypt container on it. I noticed that there are some corrupted files on the disk (outsite the truecrypt container) so i started the windows error checking tool on the partition.
    After 15 or 20 minutes i noticed that it was finished. I beleive it was crashed because i didn't get any report and it finished so fast 20 minutes for a 320 GB partition
    after few hours i notice that there was a lot of files was deleted including my truecrypt partition so i started trying recovery tools and of course i stopped using the hard disk.
    I used programs like recova, active file recovery , easeUS partion recovery,...
    non of them could retrieve my container i found out that there are some bad sectors that prevent the recovery programs to scan the whole disk
    Unfortunately, I could't find the header back up to use it for the recovery
    I really appreciate any idea.
    Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.