Lost the user/pass settings

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Txl, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txl

Txl Registered Member

Hello all,

Just installed beta 4 3-4 days ago, all was running fine and since yesterday the updates are not working, so i go to the update setting and the user+password combination (updv4 or something like that) are gone.

The computer was on wifi connected to a local network but without internet for 2 days in a row so perhaps the fact that there WAS connection but n ever any reply from the update server killed the login+pass after a while ?

Anyway if someone could provide me with the login and pass so I could try them again it would be nice, by PM for "confidentiality" purposes (although they are available in the setup but you never know....)

Thanks

2. qzex

qzex Registered Member

updv4/upd4test

3. Txl

Txl Registered Member

Thanks for the tip but same result :

update information is not consistent

last working update was 02/12/08 at 13:40 v 3657

What should i try now ?

4. Txl

Txl Registered Member

Now we're getting somewhere...but not there yet...

The update has downloaded the 13.5 megs of files (in 3 times), I have seen the 1/3 update process, and it stops at the 66% mark (so 2 out of 3 updates I would say) and gets back to the normal window with the same info
    Update information is not consistent.

What can I try now ?

Thanks

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest enabling logging of diagnostic information, reproducing the problem and pasting here the relevant records from the event log related to the unsuccessful update attempt.

6. Txl

Txl Registered Member

05/12/2008 12:02:08 Update Updater: retval = 0x2201, failures: 93, regretval = 0x0000 AUTORITE NT\SYSTEM

The failure numbers increase...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.