Lost space

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by ukstar, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukstar

ukstar Registered Member

Hi There,

Can anyone help pleaseo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    I have a 250gb HDD. It was partitioned as 100, 100 & 50.
    As I needed more space on C, I have merged C & D. After the operation is finished, C is still 100, D is gone and E is still 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't find the missing 100!!! Can't Undo changes!!!!!

Please help...

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello ukstar,

Can you post a screenshot of your hard drive after? Run chkdsk /r on the C partition: Start > Run > cmd > "chkdsk C: /r"

If your C drive is displaying as NTFS and 100 GB in Paragon still, we could try to slightly adjust the partitions so the program rewrites the parameters.

Before:
    [100 GB][100GB][50GB]
    After:
    [100GB][50GB] ?

Try shrinking the 50GB partition from the left side a few megabytes, then extend the C partition those few megabytes.

3. ukstar

ukstar Registered Member

Hi Tomy,

I think I messed things up. As I was trying to get the pc to be up & running quickly, I didn't wait for a reply.
    I have tried to copy the whole thing from an old disk.
    What I did was as follows:
    I tried to copy C: into D:
    I checked on the option to make the changes according to the large size of the new disk.
    After the programme finished, I found out that all partitions are merged!!!
    Now, first of all, can I undo that as I have some Data that I need from one of the deleted partition?
    Am I going to be able to recover the Data on the deleted partitioned?

Regards,

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Ukstar,

If you successfully merged two partitions, although the second partition is deleted, the data is now move onto the one merged partition. Paragon creates a folder on the merged partition and puts all the content of the old partition into it. So if you merged C: and D: partitions, in C: there will be a folder with all the content of D, and D partition will be deleted.

There's no way of undoing the merge, although I don't think it's necessary since no real data has been lost. If you need to recreate D partition and move back the data, you first have to find the available space to shrink C partition, recreate D and move back the data.

Good luck

-Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.