Lost password

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by maximx86, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximx86

maximx86 Registered Member

I lost my password from Acronis True Image. How can I get it back?

I use Acronis True Image Enterprise Server v9.1.3854

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm afraid I have bad news for you. There have been a number of posts like this on this forum. In every case, the answer has been that you must remember the password yourself because there is no way to recover a lost TI backup password.

I'll bet you are really stressed about this. That's the normal situation when backups are needed. Unfortunately, the stress hinders memory. One approach to reducing the stress is to think of alternative ways of recovering the data that was in the backup. Focus on positive steps you can take that don't depend on using the backup. Post your resume on several job sites. :) Then...

Relax, breath deeply and think back to when you made the backup. Try to get yourself back to that time and place and write down all the possilbe passwords that you might have used. Do this sitting in the same chair at the same time of day that you did the backup to make it as identical as possible (check the backup file date and time).

This can take some time and several attempts, but it's very likely that if you can relax, recreate the backup situation and let your subconscious work on this that you will remember that password.

What happened during the time period when you did the backup that might have inspired you to use it as a password? Look at your personal calendar or to-do lists, etc. to try to put yourself back to that day.

I'll bet that the password will occur to you as if you knew it all along.

Good luck, and let us know when you remember it.

If you post your passwords here on the forum, we will all try to help you remember them in the future.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello maximx86,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

jmk94903 is correct if you mean the password set on an archive. However, if you mean your serial number of the product, it's entirely possible that we are be able to help you with that. Please submit a request for technical support containing your purchase information (for example, a copy of invoice/receipt), or, if you have registered the product on our website, the e-mail used for registration. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.