Lost password to my crypto storage

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by waldovanlaeken, Mar 23, 2021.

1. waldovanlaeken

waldovanlaeken Registered Member

Hello guys,

I have a very decent amount of crypto (btc + ada) lcoked away in a encrypted file. I lost the usb stick with my password on it. I made the file container with steganos safe 2008.

https://filebin.net/knmq8pla1z312c6s

2. longshots

longshots Registered Member

Welcome back - after 11 years.

3. BriggsAndStratton

BriggsAndStratton Registered Member

what is that filebin link? it's empty and doesn't show anything.

What wallet did you use to store your Bitcoins and Cardano? What do you think happened to the USB stick that it's no longer around? Do you have the addresses of where you sent your coins, so you can verify on their block-explorers that the funds have not been moved, or is it that you can see that the funds are there and you just can't move them because the private key is locked with a password? Did anyone else know about your wallet? Are there any individuals that could have accessed your computer, USB stick, or both? Do you have an idea of what your password might have been? Was it a bunch of random characters? A paraphrase? A paraphrase with symbols added to it? A short word or a compound word? How long has it been since you accessed your wallet? What operating system do you use? Is your computer set up with a swap file?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. imdb

imdb Registered Member

see this post for the answer to your query:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.