Lost Partition On Striped Raid0 Set!!!

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by verbalkint, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbalkint

verbalkint Registered Member

I have a really bad partition lost situation in my office.
    I have 4 phsical disks on my system
    1. Windows system disk NTFS (MBR) for win 7
    2. Mac os x system disk mac journaled (GUI) for leopard
    3. 2 Disks as raid 0 striped on silicon image raid chip (NTFS-MBR).
    On mac os x i accidentaly repartitioned and formatted my raid set from ntfs to mac os. All data have gone.
    To be able to make a partition recovery on windows, i changed GUI to MBR but didnt formatted again.
    Now it seems a 500GB unallocated disk drive.
    Which way do i need use to recover all my files?
    If i use a recovery software it will not get my files back because of striped set.
    I tried acronis disk utility to recover ntfs partition back but it couldnt find anything.
    Now i want to try paragon partition manager but i dont have any idea that i am doing the right thing or not?
    I need the ideas of experts about it. I am not a newbie and know enough to understand disk structures.
    Which way do i have to use?
    Which software do i have to use?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Do you know if the array is still in tact? It looks like your Mac just deleted your NTFS file system and formatted it as HFS. It's something I've come across before by plugging an NTFS external hard drive into a MacBook Pro. Undelete partition did not work. You want to try the least destructive way by not modifying the current state of the array out all.

More likely, you will have to try to do a file-level data recovery with any of the following products. I had great success with Recover My Files.

http://data-recovery-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

3. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.