lost my license?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Erevis, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erevis

Erevis Registered Member

hey i want to switch over to AVG but i lost my license code, is there any way to retreive it? i searched the site and havn't found anything. Please help! :3

i mean i didnt have it taken away.. i"ve forgot what it is and was wondering if theres a way to find out:/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

New version (AVG) does not give a licence expiry date like Ewido did or tell you how many days left until expiry. To bad.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

The AVG AS7.5 that i have tells me how many days i have left and the date it will expire

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

NOt on my status screen o_O did you purchase new or upgrade from Ewido 4.0? I checked the help file and their screenshot does not show an example of a expiry date. Perhaps as I just upgraded an hour ago that has something to do with it. After downloading the new version(AVg 7.5) I un-installed the old Ewido. Edit - It (the date) just came up when I checked just now.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  6. Suthriel

Suthriel Registered Member

lost my license

Hy there, and sorry for my bad english ^.^

well i have lost my actual license too, and i have written to the support a few days ago, but no answer until now :( why is it so, that i have to uninstall my ewido 4.0 and install that new AVG and this program don´t got the license automatically? Wouldn´t it be easier if the avg installation take the license key automatically and then uninstall ewido by itself? Well i know, i am stupid too, that i lost my key 8know the hell why i have saved the key from last year and not the actual.
    However, how long should i wait for answer from the support team before i send a new mail?

Greetings

PS: why does exist only an english forum for a programm sold in mulitple languages?

7. meaton

meaton Registered Member

If you guys are still waiting for help, you can find your license details here:

https://secure.element5.com/esales/ccc/my_account.html

You need to login with your email address and password you used when you purchased Ewido/AVG AS. You can always click the Forgotten details link to retrieve them. Worked for me

Took me a long time to find it, but i got there in the end, GRISOFT/ewido should provide a link on the front page to this, its really unacceptable.

8. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Re: lost my license

Ok Please sent me an PN with your registered email address and all details which can help us to find your license (name, address, country etc)

Then I will look them up and send them to you. I don't know why the support didn't answer.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

AVG Anti-Spyware does copy the license information in the setup but only if you didn't uninstall it previously by yourself.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

9. Suthriel

Re: lost my license

Hi Vinzenz,

as i tried to send you a PN, i got the mesage that:

"The private messaging system is currently unavailable." :ouch:

Do you have an email, that i can use instead for sending you all the information?

have a nice day

PS:
    ^.^the AVG Steup told me, that i MUST uninstall the old ewido before intalling the new AVG

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  10. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

It asks you if it should do it for you :) If you select yes, it will also copy the settings etc.

11. Suthriel

However, the PN system does not work, how else can i contact one of you?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  12. Suthriel

Nice, the Private message system says me always that it does not work, and so i ask again, how else can i contact one from the Ewido team? It would be nice, if someone can tell me this, because my AVG is now a "Free Version" :(

13. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

14. Suthriel

Yes, i have (in the middle of december 2006), result: no answer from that support :thumbd:

Edit: Thanks to Karl.ewido for his help

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.