Lost my Disc D !! ( disappeared )

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by PaChenK0, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaChenK0

PaChenK0 Registered Member

I'm using a Win7 Ultimate 32 bit OS
    I had Local Disc C and D
    I tried to create a new partition on D using Paragon Partition Manager™ 11 Free and when it reached 76 % it stops and shows this error I cant remember and then it says that Paragon Partition Manager has stopped working ... I try to reopen Paragon Partition Manager and says that to avoid data lost it must continue where he stopped ..i Click YES .. but again I get the " has stopped working " notification.

I restarted my PC but then It wont start .... I got this message "insert installation media for the device and click ok to select the driver"
    I inserted the Win7 installation dvd .. And I tried repairing and loading drivers but the same :S

I removed the HDD in to a portable HDD Reader and connected in to my laptop ... but again I get only Disc C:

Than I didn't know what to do so I installed Windows 7 from the beginning (not formatting C: ) hoping that it would solve the problem but still the same , disc D wont appear

I installed Paragon Partition Manager and when i opened is shows the same message to avoid data lost it must continue where he stopped ..i Click YES but is remains 0 % with hours !!

Don't know what happened but now when I try to open Paragon Partition Manager it shows this message

Operation failed
    Disc is absent

Error source : Hard Disc Manager
    Error code : 0x11008

and Paragon Partition Manager does't open at all

Please someone tell me what to do to get Disc D back ... cuzz I have some data that I cant afford to lose :(

Thanks for your time !

2. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I would suggest you try these steps
    (1) See if both drives appera in the BIOS when you boot. If it is there then its probable that a drive letter is not assigned to it
    (2) If they are recognized in the BIOS then go to Control Panel / System and Security - Administration Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management (on left) - This will display all drives on your computer (CD's will require a disk to be loaded)
    (3) If the `second' drive is there check and see that a drive letter is assigned to it. If it hasn't then My Computer will not see it.
    (4) If no drtive letter assigned to it then right mouse click on the `second' drive and assign a letter.

If that didn't work try using Minitools Partition Wizard (free) and see if you can fix it using that program

Anyway, those are the steps I would take

3. PaChenK0

It seems like the partition is there but there is not an option to assign a letter the only options shown are NEW SIMPLE VOLUME , DELETE PARTITION , and HELP ...

here is a pic

2rhsf3k.png
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2rhsf3k.png

4. buckshee

I thought you had two harddrives. But looking at your image above you have probably either destroyed a D partition or just reduced the size of your C drive. Either way you need to create a partition where the unallocated space is. In Disk Management, click on the Unallocated space, then right mouse click on the space, select Create simple partition, assign a letter and then format it

5. PaChenK0

Thnx for your help but do you think there is any solution to save the data that I had in D ??

6. buckshee

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. PaChenK0

8. buckshee

You're welcome - glad I could help

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    why did not use the paragon boot disk to make operation with partition ?
    is more safe work offline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.