Lost my Disc D !! ( disappeared )

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by PaChenK0, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaChenK0

PaChenK0 Registered Member

I'm using a Win7 Ultimate 32 bit OS
    I had Local Disc C and D
    I tried to create a new partition on D using Paragon Partition Manager™ 11 Free and when it reached 76 % it stops and shows this error I cant remember and then it says that Paragon Partition Manager has stopped working ... I try to reopen Paragon Partition Manager and says that to avoid data lost it must continue where he stopped ..i Click YES .. but again I get the " has stopped working " notification.

I restarted my PC but then It wont start .... I got this message "insert installation media for the device and click ok to select the driver"
    I inserted the Win7 installation dvd .. And I tried repairing and loading drivers but the same :S

I removed the HDD in to a portable HDD Reader and connected in to my laptop ... but again I get only Disc C:

Than I didn't know what to do so I installed Windows 7 from the beginning (not formatting C: ) hoping that it would solve the problem but still the same , disc D wont appear

I installed Paragon Partition Manager and when i opened is shows the same message to avoid data lost it must continue where he stopped ..i Click YES but is remains 0 % with hours !!

Don't know what happened but now when I try to open Paragon Partition Manager it shows this message

Operation failed
    Disc is absent

Error source : Hard Disc Manager
    Error code : 0x11008

and Paragon Partition Manager does't open at all

Please someone tell me what to do to get Disc D back ... cuzz I have some data that I cant afford to lose :(

Thanks for your time !

2. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I would suggest you try these steps
    (1) See if both drives appera in the BIOS when you boot. If it is there then its probable that a drive letter is not assigned to it
    (2) If they are recognized in the BIOS then go to Control Panel / System and Security - Administration Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management (on left) - This will display all drives on your computer (CD's will require a disk to be loaded)
    (3) If the `second' drive is there check and see that a drive letter is assigned to it. If it hasn't then My Computer will not see it.
    (4) If no drtive letter assigned to it then right mouse click on the `second' drive and assign a letter.

If that didn't work try using Minitools Partition Wizard (free) and see if you can fix it using that program

Anyway, those are the steps I would take

3. PaChenK0

It seems like the partition is there but there is not an option to assign a letter the only options shown are NEW SIMPLE VOLUME , DELETE PARTITION , and HELP ...

here is a pic

2rhsf3k.png
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2rhsf3k.png

4. buckshee

I thought you had two harddrives. But looking at your image above you have probably either destroyed a D partition or just reduced the size of your C drive. Either way you need to create a partition where the unallocated space is. In Disk Management, click on the Unallocated space, then right mouse click on the space, select Create simple partition, assign a letter and then format it

5. PaChenK0

Thnx for your help but do you think there is any solution to save the data that I had in D ??

6. buckshee

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  7. PaChenK0

8. buckshee

You're welcome - glad I could help

9. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    why did not use the paragon boot disk to make operation with partition ?
    is more safe work offline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.