Losing winsock

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Rilla927, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi everyone,

I have been having this problem for the last three months.

I'm not saying Nod is causing it, but for some reason this combo has a conflict of some kind. Has anyone else run into this?

I just reinstalled windows and was adding my security programs before I hit the net like I usually do.

I installed BOClean, SAS, Nod32, and ZA Pro and restarted to find out it took my winsock out. Every single time I have tried the winsock repairs suggested they never worked.

I thought I narrowed it down before to the spyware module in ZA, so when I install it I leave it off (cuz I don't need it anyway) and everything was okay, until now it just did it again. I can't figure this out.

Rilla927

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

ZoneAlarm is doing this, I've seen it many times before.

Try uninstalling NOD32 and reinstalling NOD32 then running WinsockXPfix and then repair IMON.

Cheers :D

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

I had a feeling it was ZA, too.

The WinsockXPfix is the one I tried and it has never worked for me, maybe I'm doing something wromg when I try to do it.

I had a Registry backup that I restored then I reinstalled Nod and a few other programs, so all is well. I just wanted to confirm what was doing this.

Since I'm here, I have another question.

Two nights ago, I got nailed (that's why I had reinstalled windows) bad by god knows what this thing is but I got a email, looked totally legit from PC World (I subscribe to there newsletters) and after I opened it the majority of the page was all white (blank) a few links to the side. When I seen this I knew I was had.

After this I happen to open BOClean and there was nothing but an empty square box, then I checked every program and they were all the same way. It fried the whole computer. I have never seen anything like this before.

After I installed Outlook I redownloaded it and zipped (with password) with rar and guess what when I looked in the Outbox there is no information there at all, it's completely blank and it will not let me send it anywhere.

I see Nod doesn't except rar extension, I think it said .exe, .dll, .zip.

Geez, now I don't know what to do with this stupid thing. I wanted to send it to Eset and few others but it doesn't look like it. Then I could dispose of this thing and get it off my computer.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Upload a sample to www.virustotal.com or send a sample to scan@virustotal.com subject line: SCAN
    This service will provides an answer to which antivirus companies are detecting the file, including NOD32.

I have also sent you a PM.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.