Lose network connections?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by frank47, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank47

frank47 Registered Member

Every so often on start up my verizon dsl does not come on.I go to control panel>network conn.and click verizon online,and im on line.But thisi s what gets me.
    There will be times going to network conn. the window reads empty,and I have to restore to get it back. Is there a solution?I hope Thanks.
    OS XP home sp1 only.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. frank47

Thanks Ronjor could'nt get any help over there.Does it sound like a dsl , or pc problem?I go maybe 3 weeks with no problem then it pops up again.It's no problem until I lose the network connections window,which to me with my limited knowledge sounds like a pc issue.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I'm not sure Frank. Your network connection should not disappear like that. As to the cause---?
    I would surely talk to Verizon in case they have run across this before.
    Do you have to log in each time you connect?

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I had this too and it was related to my firewall rules and the fact that my router was blocking pings...maybe if you have a router it could be the same issue...

6. frank47

Thanks guys.I don't have a router,and the first time it happened I spoke to verizon but they were no help.Will try them again.Maybe this time I will get someone more knowledgable.If I get it cured will keep you posted.Thanks again.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You could try putting a shortcut to the icon on your desktop and see if it sticks.
    Right click on your desktop,new, shortcut and find the icon you click on to get online. Should be in program files, Verizon, etc.

Make sure everything is plugged in good and tight.

8. frank47

Ronjor,I dont want to complicate this,but I'm compelled in the name of fairness to tell the latest. Turned on the computer,verizon icon did not show up in right taskbar ,signifying I was connected.In the past I could'nt get online when this happened.Usually got a message saying I was not connected.But today,went to my mozilla icon,and here I am telling you what happened.ps. network connections read empty. o_O It works so I'm happy. :D

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Me too. :D

10. frank47

An update Ron.Went to Dsl tech.He had no Idea,but he put verizon dsl shortcut on desktop as you suggested,which for some reason I was unable to do.Thanks Frank47

11. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Always nice to have support from your ISP. Good to hear Frank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.