Looks like full images are back TI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Faust, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faust

Faust Registered Member

It now appears following preliminary tests I have done with the latest build of TI 2009 that one can now do a series of full images. I say it appears as I set the scheduler for one full back up with one incremental and left the "remove old archives" box unchecked. The scheduler has just finished making an image and I have now got one full with incremental plus another full image. Even if TI 2009 won't do a series of fulls only I can live with one full and one incremental with no consolidation. After TI 11 which I now call "The Acronis Wilderness Year" the Acronis team appear to be back on track with this latest build for TI 2009 - well done chaps! :thumb:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

But you don't have the auto delete after a user-set limit, do you?

Can you, for example, set ATI to allow 10 Fulls and then when it makes the 11th, autodelete the oldest?

3. Faust

Faust Registered Member

This is true shieber, but having said that at least you can now get a string of fulls albeit you will have to intervene manually at some point to delete the oldest yourself. That having been said the new build is a worthwhile improvement and I have found the 2009 version much friendlier with my newish hardware and Vista OS especially with dual booting.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Since 10 works on all my machines, I'll stick with the automated file management and eschew the ersatz version in ATI12. Hopefully, they will add back the ability to automanage a series of Fulls, someday.

In the latest build, aren't you supposed to be able to do the autoconsolidation without specifying incs?

5. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Horses for courses I suppose - as I never keep more than three full image backups I don't find it a hardship to open my TI file and simply delete the oldest backup, takes no more than 15 seconds of my time. I do have 10 and 11 but find 2009 much better suited to the Vista OS.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Am I imaging it but it seems like there are fewer validation and rescue CD issues with TI2009?

Maybe they are just being swamped by all the scheduling and new archiving philosophy posts.

7. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Well speaking for myself I really find it hard to fault this present version of TI. Validation failures - never had one so far and the rescues CD worked for me very first time again no issues. I really do feel pretty secure using this product (he says as he touches wood).

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Once the need to manually delete an old image is reached it will then be necessary to manually intervene before every subsequent scheduled image is run. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Because all previous Versions that I have used are capable of "Fit andForget" management of archives I see no reason to change for something worse on my present hardware.

Xpilot

9. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Shows how hardware sensitive ATI is, as I could have written exactly those same words about ATI 11 on my twin SATA Vista dual boot setup. The same ATI 11 that you are so dismissive about.

10. Faust

Faust Registered Member

Please don't get me wrong Earthling a number of features on TI 11 left a lot to be desired. However, it did work for me in most respects but it had a habit of messing up my dual boot for Vista Ubuntu. I could and did repair it but it was really want you want to keep doing - 2009 is also much faster on my PC's hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.