LooknStop or Comodo !!

Discussion in 'polls' started by ankupan, Apr 7, 2007.

?

Firewall

1. LooknStop

27 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Comodo

25 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

my friend need my suggestion for firewall.

Which one is better LooknStop or Comodo !!

waiting for your words.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I have tried both,LooknStop gets my vote.It's a pure firewall that does it's job quite well.Support is top of the line.I dont know,Comodo just didn't impress me.
    But remember LooknStop is paid,Comodo is free.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Polls really should done in the polls section of the forum. Mods will probably move this.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Last year, I bought a copy of LnS for my then new laptop and tried very hard to work with it, but after a few months I gave up, replacing it with Comodo (which has been on the laptop for the past several months).

There's no question that LnS is very light on resources, but you must deal with rules and getting them entered correctly is not always straight-forward (e.g., I never could establish the rule for LnS to allow my laptop to 'see' my desktop via my home network)!

Comodo is much easier to setup and use than LnS. While Comodo does have a 'heavier footprint' than LnS, it makes up for it in every operational way. I have found it's self-learning capacity to be flawless (as soon as I replaced LnS with Comodo, my networking problem was gone). :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Both are "better"

Ask a useless question, get a useless answer :)

Honestely, define the criteria for better?

1) Better in leak tests?
    2) Better in cpu resource usage?
    3) Better in RAM usage?
    4) Better in update frequency?
    5) Better under extremely heavy loads in p2p use?
    6) Better in usability, UI & documentation?
    7) Better for advanced users or for beginners?
    :cool: Better for what exactly?

My short opinion: for resource usage: LnS. For beginners: Comodo. For price: Comodo. For p2p: Lns.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I voted LnS, because I have it running for quite some time.
    I installed it as a replacement for ZoneAlarm Free, because the "Application Filtering" looks like ZoneAlarm Free and I wanted to learn something new, like the "Internet Filtering", but I don't know if it was such a good idea.

One time LnS changed its "Code", which was very annoying, because my "Serial Number" wasn't valid anymore.
    Several times the "serial number" was suddenly blank, which is normally protected on the register screen.

I use LnS in a frozen FDISR-snapshot and LnS seems to have problems with FDISR or vice versa, nothing serious, but it seems to be forgettable.
    I don't know what to think of LnS and I won't ditch FDISR for any software.
    I need more meditation time. ;)

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would vote for neither. LNS to complex, and everytime I try comodo, I just don't like it. Using the Online Armor firewall and love it.

8. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Never used LooknStop. I did use PC Tools, which I understand has the backbone of LooknStop. I have used Comodo. I think now a days to pay for only a firewall product without some other security product that needs updating like a malware data base...well I don't see a reason to part with any money for a firewall only when so many good ones are free.

Comodo for me out of the two choices. ;)

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Never used Comodo and never will. I'm happy with LnS for many reasons:
    It seems to be the logical partner of Nod32 in terms of lightness.

This is only personal, but I'm a bit wary of free applications, and to say that Comodo is better because it's free it's not a criterion for comparison.

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u dont mind rule making, then LnS is a great choice. its light and simplistic.

Comodo, OTOH, I find easier to use but its a bit heavier.

Overall I prefer Comodo.

11. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I voted for Look'n'Stop. And I would rather wait for Comodo v3 before touching it again. I had some issues, and personally consider it to be still a beta...

12. focus

focus Registered Member

LnS for me. If you are using Vista, LnS and KIS are the choices I know of right now. The Kasparsky firewall is supposed to be getting better but when I tried it when it first came out it sucked. LnS is very lite and while making a rule can be difficult, there is plenty of help in the LnS forum here on Wilders.

13. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

I used L'n'S for over a year and it's a very good firewall. However it is complex to use unless you understand how firewalls work in some depth, especially if you want to use it over a wireless network.
    I'm currently using Comodo, which, although a bit 'heavier' , is much easier for me to use.
    I have to say Online Armor Firewall looks very good in theory and I'm looking forward to trying it just as soon as there is a build that doesn't lock up my PC on every boot (I've tried 5 builds through to 171 up to now).
    I'm currently playing with ESS and for an early beta that firewall looks fairly promising...

Updated - After much hard work by the OA 2 team and great support from Mike Nash OA2 is now working for me and so far I'm impressed.
    I'd say it's a close run thing between Comodo and OA2 Firewall, with L'n'S a close 2nd....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.