look'n'stop hangs the desktop when it ask for program access

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by stevvie, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevvie

stevvie Registered Member

sometime when I update a program the LnS windows pops up to ask for internet access and then just hangs the desktop. I have to restart the PC as If I log off and then back on again it's STILL hung. I can't even start task manager. This is in windows7 X64.

PLEASE help

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what progs were you updating or adding?

3. stevvie

Firefox, and CfosSpeed so far, as it's a new install of windows7X64, so most programs are upto date. I first though it was firefox as I've had it before a few time with firefox, but just updated CfosSpeed and that did the SAME thing. It only seems to be when updating programs. If I first remove the program from lns application filtering list then I can add it like a new program. So It seems it's only when the signature of the program changes.

If I am just adding programs that are NOT in the application filter list then there's NO problem.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. stevvie

I've just found out that it's ONLY when 'Advanced Mode' is on, I NEVER get this when advanced mode is not on, but it's usefull to have advanced mode on as then I can just allow an installer or something access just for that session or one time only.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

it shouldn't lock like that advanced mode or not. Hopefully it will be fixed (assuming it can be replicated)

6. stevvie

Cudini I know it SHOULDN'T thats why I'm asking for help ;)
    Well looks like I jumped the gun, Perfect disk has just asked for internet access and hung the desktop in NORMAL mode.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Is it again for a signature change ? or a standard alert (Perfect disk connecting for the 1st time) ?

If I understand well, it is not systematic, you had some Signature change alerts, and it worked fine.
    By the way, does it hang just after the popup is displayed or when you press Allow/Block button ? If it is after pressing the button, does it make a difference is you block the application (this is just for the understanding, not a solution, of course).

It could be conflict with several security software monitoring the network. Do you have other such security software ?

I know there are sometimes conflicts with CfosSpeed, but it is usually on the Internet Filtering part.

Regards,

Frederic

8. stevvie

It's hanging BEFORE i get to push the allow button. And I'm afraid I can't try to see what happens when the program is blocked as I uninstalled lns and can't get it reinstalled https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1652403#post1652403, I get the same error a few others get when trying to install. So for the moment I've had to install another firewall and not use the one I've PAID for :(

9. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Ok, no need to CRY (here and in the other post).
    I was simply trying to understand the issue to help you.

Yes, you registered several years ago, but it was for XP. There is no guarantee the software works on new machine or/and new OS, after you registered for a specific machine and OS.

Regards,

Frederic

10. stevvie

Oh OK, no need to insult people as I wasn't crying as I put a :( at the end denoting I was SAD, I was just under the understanding that because their website said "Supported configurations
    - Windows 7 (32 and 64 bits) New !
    - Windows Vista (32 and 64 bits)
    - Windows XP (32 and 64 bits)
    - Windows 2000
    - Windows serveur 2003
    - Windows Millenium and 98" that windows7 WAS supported. I NEVER registered loon'n'stop for XP as it never asked if I had XP,2000,98, or ME at the time. So not sure that is a valid get out clause. And yes Windows serveur 2003 is spelt WRONG on their homepage as I just copied and pasted it

So are you now saying that windows7 Is NOT supported o_O??

11. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

You should be a little more thankful and patient, ... if you still continuing to use Look ‘n’ Stop using license that was bought several years back. Wasn’t that long ago when it was still stated ‘major releases’ will require subscription renewal.

Frederic isn’t here to play riddle games, he made himself perfectly clear, that there’s no guarantee the software works on new machine or/and new OS, after you registered for a specific machine and OS. Breaking it down to you..., if you paid for Look ‘n’ Stop now, there is no guarantee that it’ll work for Windows 8 or future OSes and ANY other machine you may choose to buy later on.

And for the record, if the product website states it supports the OS, then it supports the OS!

I tested Look 'n’ Stop with several different machines, using Windows 7 (32 and 64bit), every first install worked beautifully. However, may be a different story for those who are rolling back to previous saved Windows state.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.