lookn-stop and termination

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by theshadow247, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

iam currently using l-n-s 205p3.can someone give me a idea of what app to add to my setup to stop l-n-s from termination.i tryed process guard but it doesn't play well with my setup....

2. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

This HIPS System Safety Monitor may work with L 'n S. It works splendidly with Comodo, Outpost 3.51 and Kerio 2.1.5, but I have never tried it with L 'n S.

It may be a good idea to run SSM in learning mode provided you know your machine is malware free for the first little while, during which it will learn of and create rules for L 'n S' components, reducing the tons of pop-up alerts you would otherwise get.

The free version will give you very solid protection on process and application behaviour monitoring.

3. theshadow247

thanks for the suggestion.i tryed ssm with outpost 4 and my system was very slow to respond.that could just be outpost.i will try ssm with lns though.i was thinking about spyware terminator with the hips enable...

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Yeah, I think OP 4.0's anti-leak feature, amongst other security enhancements, conflicts with HIPS programs.

5. theshadow247

ya the only problem i had with outpost 4. is with a hips app installed other than that ive had no problems...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.