Looking to replace my aging defenses.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ThunderZ, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Currently looking to replace these 3 aging no longer supported apps. 1)ProcessGuard 3.410 Full vers. 2)DiamondCS Wormguard, 3)DiamondCS Regprotector. Thinking about BoClean. I am very happy with it(pre-Comodo vers) on my laptop. However I tend to be a much higher risk surfer on my tower. All ready use Nod, an older vers. of ZA Pro and run FF with NoScript 99.9% of the time behind a nat router. May I be leaving a hole in my defenses? :rolleyes:

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just use something like powershadow when you do your dangerous surfing, anything bad you pick up will be deleted with a restart.

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Was running Sandboxie free for my browser only until I ran into problems with the newest vers. Have not been able to make any vers. work since. A new Raptor HDD is in my towers future. Just trying to decide what will go into the fresh load with the OS. :rolleyes:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: if my friend asks the same question today, I will tell him to consider these apps: (1) virtualization app, such as Deepfreeze,or PowerShadow (2) full duty firewall, such as ZA pro, or outpost (3) reliable AV, such as Nod , KAV, or Avast home (4)HIPS/behavior blocker, such as Prevx1 or SSM free.(5) backup app such as Paragon Drive backup. If there are more appetites, he could sprinkle system w/ BoClean, SAS free. These apps work homogeneously one another, And I believe he will have all corners and nooks covered.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I'm using DefenseWall now and run Firefox as an untrusted application.
    Sandboxie didn't like my separation of data and system files.
    DefenseWall doesn't seem to have a problem with that separation.

PowerShadow is redundant in my case, because I use a frozen snapshot.

Anti-Executable stops any unauthorized executable and is a pain if your system changes all the time, but I still have that freedom, because I have 8 snapshots to test softwares. :)

I ditched all scanners and any other blacklist softwares. See how that will work in practice. ;)

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  6. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello ThunderZ!

I would give DefenseWall and Powershadow a try. I use DefenseWall on my daily surfing and PowerShadow when i surf in the internets darkside. Also you should look into Online Armor version 2 (it is still in beta). Here is link to the latest public beta: http://support.online-armor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1087

Kristian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.