Looking to encrypt netbook

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by noblelord, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Hi,I'm looking for a full disk encryption solution for my HP MiniNote 2133 which is running XP Pro. I have tried TrueCrypt but it insists on being able to validate the ISO file where the decryption keys are stored has been burned to CD correctly, which I cannot do as the MiniNote has no CD drive (and I have't got any external one I can use).Can anyone recommend a free solution (or a way I can implement TrueCrypt in this scenario) and one that is fairly lightweight, bearing in mind the lack of processing power I have available? I am not asking for an A vs B thread, my parameters are quite restrictive and I'm really just looking to peruse software that will work for my set-up. Many thanks for any help.

2. hierophant

hierophant Registered Member

You could use TrueCrypt with passwords rather than key files.

3. katio

katio Guest

4. estra

estra Registered Member

Take a look at DiskCryptor.

If I am correct, your netbook has VIA C7-M CPU that includes PadLock extensions.

So if you choose to use DiskCryptor with AES encryption, then it will be hardware accelerated. TrueCrypt has no VIA PadLock AES acceleration.

5. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Thanks - I used this option.

Sadly I had already done it before I saw about DiskCryptor! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.