Looking for the best security sites

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by richrf, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I visited. Hello to all of my friends.

I am putting together a new site at www.links.com. It is going to feature the highest quality sites in each of a couple of dozen categories. Right now I am featuring Wilders Security (of course) in the security category. I have some other sites in mind, but I would appreciate any recommendations. You can recommend the sites here, or at links.com (there is a Recommend a Site tab). The site - it can be a blog - does not have to be well known, only top of the line. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Rich

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    What type of audience?
    Windows only?
    Mrk

P.S. Did you change your nick?

4. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

I'm curious why you don't cash out links.com . Seriously, wouldn't that domain be worth a fortune?

5. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions so far. What I am looking for are the best security sites that could benefit a general audience that is looking for information concerning Internet security. It would be best if the site serviced Windows as well as other platforms.

I have just begun to develop the site and hopefully over time I can increase its value over what it may be currently valued. In the process, I hope to create a site that can benefit users. My idea is to create a site that contains the highest quality sites - maybe to a max. of 10 - in each category. A visitor can then count on coming to the site and being guaranteed to find the best of the best. Listings will be free, and we will be moderating all comments and recommendations.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rich

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

spywarewarrior.com

7. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Rich,

I see what you're doing. You're thinking links.com as hyperlinks. And that makes sense. I was thinking it would be worth a mint undeveloped to one of these (very wealthy) golf course development companies. I was coming from a different direction.

Good luck to you!

Gerard

8. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

tomcoyote.com
    spywarewarrior.com

and castlecops.com

get my vote. The communities mentioned ^ have always been extremely helpful, in not only cleaning out malware, but teaching as well. Though I could never get the time to become more than just a student.

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

10. Rico

Rico Registered Member

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Heck yea. Thats a great address, links.com. I too would think you could sell it for a mint. Golfers are insane & rich.

12. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Feel free to snag any links from my site, in the "My Security Resources" link in my sig. :)

13. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Thanks everyone for all of the replies. I will be checking out all of your suggestions. Does anyone believe there are absolutely some must-haves on the list - e.g. Secunia? Also, everyone is invited to actually post a valued link in the Recommend a Site section. That way, others, not on this forum, can comment.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions. It is extremely helpful.

Regards,
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.