Looking for Reminder program

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Acadia, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I'm looking for a cheap, adware and spyware free, Reminder program similar to what MS Outlook Calendar has, you know, to remind you of meetings, appointments etc., this pc does not have Outlook. Thank you.

Acadia

2. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

HeyYa Old Friend....nice to see ya..

Whats your OS....I know of some for 95/98......nothing for xp though

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

While it's not an "onboard" program of your own, and Yahoo's privacy policies (in practice, anyway, as opposed to their "official" statement) are sometimes questionable, what about Yahoo Calendar?

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey acadia,

While I have never used Karen's Countdown Timer....I have used many of her other Spyware free Power Tools....Cookie viewer, Whois, Directory printer....etc.

Karen's Power Tools---> http://www.karenware.com/powertools.asp

Karen's Countdown Timer II v3.4---> http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptcount2.asp

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Hey, SnowGuy, how ya doing? I've been on XP since July. Everyone, thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check them out, and please keep the suggestions coming.

Thank you,
    Acadia

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ive used karen's countdown timer. its very simple and alerts you to an exact time :) . Rainlendar is skinable so you can have any look you want with it. heres a screenshot, i forgot to include my mouse curser but its hovering over the number seven.
    on the day of the appointment the event will popup at 12 midnight and each reboot, as well as the number being colored differently

Attached Files:

8. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i'll keep quiet after this post, but here's another skin :eek:

Attached Files:

9. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Acadia

Hey Buddy...I am doing ok......been meaning to drop you an e mail...but I rarely use a computer these days.......hope you are well...I may move to E-Town next summer......if so...will give you a hollar......

Well looks like the good folks have you request covered...so off I go for now.......besides, what I had in mind was much more complicated (encryption protected) SeeYa...

10. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

ICENI60

Hey..no don't keep quiet...your suggestion is a great one..even has me considering it.........an if I don't..thanks away

11. Etsnuffy

Etsnuffy Registered Member

12. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Very nice little appy. Just intalled it I like it! :D Just wish it had a clock built into the calendar.

13. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Ok, Karen's Countdown Timer appears to do the trick, thank you Bubba.

Acadia

14. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

you can get skins from here
    you can get a clock from here
    i dont have it, but its linked to trusted sites. ive changed my tray clock which you can see in this thread if you like it i'll have a think to remember where i got it :)

15. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Iceni. :) I didn't make myself clear. What I really would like is an alarm clock built into the calendar. Currently Rainlender seems to note only the date of an appointment. It would be nice if it included the time as well.

16. HereYouGo

HereYouGo Guest

You can have my ex-wife. She'll remind you about everything!

17. Dazed_and_Confused

She sound like a wonderful, thoughtful, and organized person. :D

18. Wait till you meet her mother (ex-mother-in-law). You'll never need another program again, or up-date.

19. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Dazed_and_confuse (can I call you D&C?) Have you tried a program name LClock? It's a system toolbar clock that replaces the windows clock and it has a built in calendar. You set it for a time on a certain date. I haven't used the calendar yet so I don't know if there is a sound for it. I think iceni60 uses it (aleast it looks like the same clock). http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/9/1/9-1-148.shtml

20. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

yep, i do use it but, i just checked the readme and it's a stripped down version of it(i always wondered where the calender was o_O ) well maybe i do have another calender somewhere i also found this in the readme. anyway, you probably dont want my advice after that, but i use a wall canender for important things, just in case something happens to my computer :D

21. notageek

notageek Registered Member

The clock itself is a stripped down version of TClock. I don't use the calendar. I just use the clock itself.

22. Dazed_and_Confused

I'll take a look at it. Thanks! :)

23. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

24. Dazed_and_Confused

25. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

glad you like it Daisey, i like it too, it just leaves the problem of what to do with rainlendar o_O right now i have them both :D what a horrible problem to have
    :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.