looking for plugin like uMatrix for chrome, but with selective block rather then group block

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TeKett, Feb 16, 2018.

1. TeKett

TeKett Registered Member

As titel says, i like umatrix and have not found any other which is as easy to use and as extensive, but it can only block groups, not individual things. Like if it says that www.wilderssecurity.com has 4 scripts, i can only block all of them not see and block each script individually. Since sometimes i want to block some and not all of them. So is there another plugin i can use instead or combo with? I currently use abp and uMatrix.

2. paranoidsecurity

paranoidsecurity Registered Member

You can use uBlock Origin to block individual scripts or whatever you want.
    https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Dynamic-URL-filtering
    In the newer version of uBO you can create it as a static or dynamic filter,

I'm sure more extensions are available that can block individual scripts, but uBlock Origin is from the same maker as uMatrix and I think uBO is one of the best ad-blockers out there.
    Can't ABP do this too?

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

"Plugins" are program extensions like flash, java, pdf and similar.
    ublock and similar are extensions.
    umatrix is not capable to do this. but uBlock.
    uM extends uB this way to block or allow other elements (css, cookies, xhr, graphics) than ublock.
    ublock has a network logger to create filters for dynamic filtering.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.