Looking For DVD Burning Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the mul, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am going to be buying a dvd rw for my pc and I was wondering if anyone new of some good software to use with my new purchase.
    A friend of mine recommended this programme, but I was wondering what your thoughts were of this programme and what could u advise me to use.

http://www.1clickdvdcopy.com/

Many thanks your friend

THE MUL

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi The Mul,

Dont forget to have a look at NERO. I am having good experience with it.
    Greetz,

Gerard

3. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

I run Any DVD with Clone DVD.

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Hi Stephen,

I don't know the program, but I'm using Nero and I'm very happy with it.

I'll hope you'll find the one you'll like, because there are a bunch of programs who do the same, but will they do it also well. Never had a problem with Nero. :)

Happy hunting. ;)

5. the mul

I was wondering is there anything in nero 6 ultra that I can use to help me, please see this picture of nero.

THE MUL

Attached Files:

6. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

You try Nero Start Smart, very easy to understand.

7. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Like Gerardwil I can advice you Nero.

BTW, Nero Ultra isn't anymore, now there's Nero reloaded.

Info about Nero Reloaded (from their website):

Whether you’re an Expert or Standard user, Nero 6 Reloaded makes your digital media projects a breeze to complete. Enhance your creative and technical skills with multiple tools to take you beyond the ordinary rip & burn.

AUDIO

Create, Edit, and Burn Audio Discs
    Includes unlimited High Efficiency AAC (MPEG-4) encoder, rip audio CDs to various formats, record LPs and Tapes to CDs, make a compilation of all your favorite music by mixing titles in various formats and easily record at same volume.

VIDEO

Capture, Edit, Author, and Burn Video
    Personalize and customize moving menus, titles, and credits to DVDs: Add new content, delete content, change subtitles, preview in Real-time and playback DVD and other formats with Nero ShowTime.
    Backup Your DVDs*
    Copy your non-protected DVD movies, keep or edit audio tracks, titles or subtitles, 5.1 Surround Sound, fit an entire DVD onto a CD without loss of quality.

* Does not copy DVDs with copy protection

PHOTO

Make Multimedia Slideshows
    Make photo and video slideshows and watch on DVD player or PC. Capture and edit your photos, add multiple background music tracks, create custom menus and captions with select time duration and transitions. View your images. browse through image directories and burn to DVD, SVCD and VCD.

DATA

Save your Data files to CD or DVD
    Record, drag & drop, and automatically update files from data to disc all in one session. Create and schedule automatic complete system backups spanning several CDs or DVDs.

EXTRAS

PLAYBACK AND SHARE

Nero Media Home, our brand-new Media Server, categorizes all your media: first by type (Video, Audio, Photos and Playlists), second by artist, album and genre. Playback the media coming from Nero MediaHome with Nero ShowTime or even on your TV or Hifi (devices have to support UPNPTM-technology).

LABELING

Full set of text/image design tools for creative and professional CD/DVD and other labels. Free CD/DVD Labeling Kit included.

ANALYZE AND CONFIGURE

Test the real performance of your drive and inserted media. Set the reading speed of a CD/DVD drive on-the-fly and get the most important information about a drive, disc, hardware configuration and software with one click.

Hope this helps you with your choice.:)

Ciao,

Smokey

8. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I only use the Burner (Nero-Express) for CD-R, CD-RW and DVD and also the Nero Cover Designer. Nice tool for duplicating covers. :)
    Don't forget to download InCD (free). I use it with my CD-RW and with this I can use that CD like a HD. Copy & Paste. Easy :D

Take a look at their website because it's all explained what it does. ;)

9. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

When I bought my DVD+-RW drive, it came bundled with Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. It works just fine and is a big improvement over Easy CD creator 5.

10. the mul

Thanks everyone for all your help, but the price is a factor for me and I know nero is a very good programme, but nero reloaded is a bit expensive at the moment for me.
    I was wondering, do u think Nero Start Smart will do the job for me, or do I need to look at something else.
    I do appreciate all your help and I don't mean to ask so many questions, but my experience in dvd burning is nil and I will have a steep learning curve a head.

Your friend

THE MUL

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Stephen
    I have nero also and another program I havent used called ashampo.Do you know anything about it.including a screenshot of it.
    Rita

12. the mul

Thanks rita,
    I was wondering have u burned many films with nero and what version of nero do u use and how long does it normally take to burn, I suppose it will depend on what speed your burner is.
    Thanks for the nice picture of ashampo.

THE MUL

13. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

I have never burned a film.Here is a snapshot of the prog.I may try it soon though

14. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I use and recommend Nero, but here are two freeware apps that are highly rated at SnapFiles:

CDBurnerXP Pro

DeepBurner

(note that DeepBurner has a Pro version that is shareware).

Nick

15. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Note that you will NOT be able to make a backup of many DVD movies with a conventional DVD software like Nero. You need another software to decrypt the data and store it on your hard drive. Only then will Nero be able to burn the data to the disc.

BTW, most retail DVD burners will come with a DVD writing software. The exception would be OEM drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.