Looking for a link posted here... somewhere.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Sully, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Maybe within the last 2 months, someone posted a link to a website that tested your network. It was a java applet that ran from the website, and it took a little while for it to finish. I think it was either a university project or an opensource project. Anyway, I have searched and searched but cannot find that again.

So who is the culprit? And can you please point me to that website again? It was quite interesting, some things I wanted to learn from it...

Sul.

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I remember something like that, but can find nothing in my notes.

I just searched for:

java test site network

and found lots of sites, but none familiar.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Are you talking about ipv6 readiness?
    Mrk

5. Sully

Sully Registered Member

@Cudni

Yes! That is exactly what I was looking for. I went through this forum section 3 times back to the beginning of march, but I had forgotten the title. I was looking for "network, speed and test", not "diagnostic". lol. Many thanks.

@Mrk

No. I ran the test once before and the results it displays had quite a few items I had either not seen before or did not realize how they might play into networking. Once example was how my buffers were set. I had tweaked them via a .reg file, but this test give a bit of info about buffer sizing needing to find a balance between large contiguous files and streaming. Things of that nature that my nerd mentality has interest in ;)

@Rmus

I did a similar search, and found way too many to filter out since I could not remember anything but that it was a java applet.

Thanks again.

Sul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.