Looking for a good, free anti keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sTickfigure, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sTickfigure

sTickfigure Registered Member

does anybody know if there's such a thing as a good, free anti keylogger? i am using snoopfree right now, but it hasn't been updated in a long time, and i'm worried that it may be inadequate.

by "anti keylogger", i mean a program that does nothing but protect against the logging of keystrokes. i'm willing to let it run in the background if necessary, as long as it doesn't hugely slow down my computer.

preferably, it protects against not just hook based keyloggers, but also kernel based keyloggers and screenshots.

your feedback would be very welcome! :)

2. benton4

benton4 Registered Member

3. sTickfigure

i already do use keyscrambler, but what i am looking for is a dedicated anti keylogger that monitors for and intercepts keylogger activities in real time. is it just me or are keyloggers overlooked? i have spent hours searching this entire forum for information on anti keyloggers, and all i have found are either commercial anti keyloggers or programs that try to stop keyloggers in other ways (like an antivirus that only detects certain commercial keyloggers or a hips that blocks some keyloggers as a side function). where are the DEDICATED anti keyloggers? do none exist?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Have you looked at Zemana AntiLogger? Development is active with a new improved version 2.0 due out shortly. Highly recommended. Link to their site:

http://www.zemana.com/AntiloggerFeatures.aspx#tab

I would point out that Cudni's link above is 15 months old, things have changed a lot in that time.

6. sTickfigure

thanks for the suggestions so far. i took a look at all of the suggested ones.

the first one was winpatrol. i went to their page here: http://www.winpatrol.com/compare.html?index

judging from the list of features though, it seems to be a hips without specific measures to monitor against keylogging activities specifically.

the second one suggested was spycop. in the past, i remember spycop was only a scanner. a quick glimpse at their page indicates that this has changed (if what they claim on their page is to be believed): http://www.spycop.com/

unfortunately, spycop is not free :(

i have also heard some pretty good things about zemana antilogger on wilders, but it isn't free either!

is there no good, free, dedicated anti keylogger in existence? i'm fairly confident that if there is one, someone on this forum will probably know about it. please help!

7. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

Nope, Snoopfree is the only one, and its basically a dead project, If you want protection your going to have to pay for it or find something on a torrent site ECT, but its really up to you, Your best bet is to pay for Zemana, they promise their v2 version to stop spectorpro, if spector was installed before you installed Zemana!

Or you can see this post, follow the tutorial and prevent anything from being installed period, unless your logged in on your Admin user account!

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=243215

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.