Looking for a free tag editor for FLAC

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Anyone know if there's a good one available?

Right now I use the tag editor in AIMP3 but it can't do something I'd like to do, at least I can't find a way. In the picture, there are numbers in front of the titles in the Title column. Ideally, I'd like to remove them all with a batch process, leaving only the titles.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. erim

erim Registered Member

Mp3tag

It will let you do that easily, for example, by converting from filename to tag (%tracknumber% %title%).

3. allizomeniz

Doh! You're right. I didn't think Mp3tag supported FLAC but it does. Thanks. :)

4. allizomeniz

I tried Mp3tag but I'm not finding a way to convert the Titles. The filenames have numbers in them, 01 Strutter, 02 Deuce, etc. So converting filenames to titles doesn't change anything. I'm trying to remove the numbers in the titles.

I'm starting to remember having this same problem some time ago with some Mp3s and never could resolve it with Mp3tag. erim, if you know what I'm doing wrong I'd love some instruction.

Audacity does this to my tags whenever I do any kind of batch processing and then export multiples. I've explained the problem in considerable detail in their forum all to no avail. :mad:

5. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

Use foobar's autotagger. Select all your files - properties - tools - automatically fill values. If a file is named "01 Rock" the pattern is %tracknumber% %title%.

6. erim

erim Registered Member

1. select the files
    2. click on the button that says "Filename - Tag"
    3. type %track% %title%

That's it. Make sure you save the results at the end.

Then you can also do the reverse to change the file names, if that's what you want (with or without track numbers). You can also clear all track numbers from the tags in the properties...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.