looking for a firefox extension

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi :) can you help me find the FF extension which will re-open the pages you where browsing when it was closed? thanks :)

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Say Mr ICE ;) .....have a look at this thread over at DSL.
    Comments by "Mele20".

GF

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, iceni60

What you should try is not to install but, on where it says insall do a Save As [to your choice] then go to File in Firefox>Open file>Browse to the saved xpi [Session_Saver_0.2.1.026_pass5.xpi], then when it is loaded>install.

That what I do with all my extensions, saves having to download after a reInsall. [Have them all on a CD]

Happy Sessions to you.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

6. firefoxguy

firefoxguy Guest

Actually you can install it directly from the webpage on extension mirror , you just need to include the site in your xpi install whitelist.

When you click on the link to install, a information bar will appear below your list of tabs - "To protect your computer, firefox prevented the site from installing software on your computer", click on edit options, then the allow button.

From now on the extension mirror site will be allowed to directly install extensions.

I personally recommend that you do this, since the extension mirror is where i get most of my extensions.

BTW if you use TBE , it also allows you to save tab sessions, but it is slightly less powerful than the standalone session saver. I wouldnt recommend you use both though.

7. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi, thanks for all the ideas :) after seeing all the help i decided to try again. it still wouldn't install, and the site was on the allowed to install list o_O i was getting a download error. so, i right-clicked and "saved link as", then opened extensions, and dragged it there. it is installed now, and it works too :D thanks for the help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.