Looking for a cache cleaner

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by hops, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hops

hops Registered Member

I'm fairly new to this computing stuff and am told that in addition to the security programs I have I should have an automatic cache cleaner. Any suggestions?

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

3. g*t

g*t Registered Member

I have just installed and am running cleancache on an XP system. It is a very effective and efficient program which does lots of useful things, including getting rid of cache information held in index.dat files in Temporary Internet and cookie Folders. And it has auto settings. Caution: If you set it to clean on next startup, you might think your computer has hung during the log-in stage of bootup. It hasn't. It just takes a little time. Maybe better to set it to clean on windows shutdown.
    PS I am not related to the program writer... :)

4. WYBaugh

WYBaugh Registered Member

5. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi hops.... It's a very good program but the thing is, you DO have to have .NET Framework 1.1 installed on your system for it to run, and that's a pretty big file, around 23Mb from Microsoft. :eek:

Info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/technologyinfo/howtoget/default.aspx#section3

Just a heads up first, especially if you are on dial-up.

Apart from that I can certainly vouch for 'Primrose' and 'WY-Baugh' from GSF. :D and the link Primrose gave here does tells you in more detail about needing .NET Framework.

Cheers, TAS

Last edited: Jun 12, 2004
  6. slyfox

slyfox Guest

I also like and use System Security Suite. It will erase your IE cookies, history, and cache, among other things. Plus the index.dat files associated with them. And is so easy to use. Just check off what you want to delete and click clear selected items. Best of all it's totally free!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.