Look out, M$ Anti spyware targeted

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Longboard, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Duck season!
    Microsoft has purchased Giant Company Software, which makes anti-spyware software. It plans to use Giant's technology to give Windows customers a new tool to detect spyware. A free evaluation product is available from http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

But in a wicked twist one month after Microsoft released its software the first malware program named BankAsh-A disables the software, delete all files within its folder and steals users' banking passwords by installing a keystroke logger that records information typed into online banking sites. Talk about tall poppy syndrome. I am not sure if there is protection or cure for this yet so running MS Anti-spyware may be somewhat dangerous.

Anyone else heard this or seen this trojan/keylogger
    Or, as usual am I the last to know? :D

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. C64

C64 Guest

I read those articles and it doesn't actually say in what way we could get the trojan. If you have MS anti-spyware does that mean you could get the trojan just by using it? Or would you have to get it the usual way, like downloading programs, email ect...? And in what ways can we stop from being infected by this trojan? Thanks.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Post three in that thread says it all.

5. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Question: Were there any problems like this when it was owned by Giant?

Jimbob

6. polyglory

polyglory Registered Member

I had no problems with it, when it was Giant :)

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since we have an ongoing thread concerning this same topic from a few days ago....let's continue our discussion in that thread Please.

This thread---> Trojan attacks Microsoft's anti-spyware

This thread is now [​IMG]

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.