Look n Stop works ok with aol? Novice here

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by timnicebutdim, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Registered Member

Recently i installed a trial version of outpost pro but i am having a lot of problems with it, i use AOL as my isp and there are specific rules to set it up for that but they don't appear to work properly on my system... running in rules mode doesnt work either since everytime i start aol something about it has changed and i have to accept the connections again and again which is a real pain. Also i have some strange compatability problems with outposts componant control and some programs which is pretty much unresolved without having the actually change these programs files ( something that i don't believe is right to do ).

The reason i choose to try outpost is because i heard is was better with novices such as myself but maybe i was mislead. Outpost is supposed to run out of the box but that is not the case for AOL users, my ports were not completely stealthed with the default settings - its an AOL problem.

Hows does look n stop compare? Will it run out of the box for AOL users with all the ports stealthed?

Will it be too hard for a complete novice like me to learn? I had have a lot of trouble getting my head round rules in outpost but its only been a few days into the trial.

I plan to go a few more days with outpost to see if i can fix the problems but i am now looking towards look n stop as a replacement.

Any advice appreciated.

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi timnicebutdim :)
    There is no reason for look and stop not to work on your system. However AOL can be very specific on what you can use. AOL does now come with the
    McAfee® Personal Firewall Plus™ and this is preferable with the AOL Software. If for any reason you are unhappy with maAfee then it is just a case of uninstalling and trying look and stop to see if it is to your liking

Regards

3. claire

claire Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.