look 'n' stop service problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by nObRaIn, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nObRaIn

nObRaIn Guest

hi all,

i have just installed look 'n' stop for the first time but i have a problem runing it as a service. when i boot with the service enabled the system gets stuck at the welcome screen. the only way to log on again was to boot in safe mode and dissable the service.

could it be that look 'n' stop depends on any other services? i remember messing with the services some time ago so maybe i dissabled something that is needed. any ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help.

ps: my os is winxp pro sp1

2. nObRaIn

nObRaIn Guest

just an update. i found that my system boots fine when i disable application filtering so i guess something gets blocked in the boot process(?). i am still looking for a solution.

3. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

Disable all start-up program and see which one is having problem with LnS.

4. nObRaIn

nObRaIn Guest

thanks for the sugestion and sorry for the late reply. i tried disabling everything but it didn't work. it looks fine now after uninstalling and reinstalling the service with the install & start.bat this time (the first time i used the install.bat i think).

anyway, it works now. thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.