Look N' Stop or Online Armor

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Mongol, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I am currently running OA Premium firewall with Prevx but do get a bit tired of dealing with HIPS. I also have a license with Look N' Stop and am considering changing over for a while or longer. Would the combo of Prevx and LnS be plenty good for online protection?

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

I have a router and LNS with Phant0m``s Look 'n' Stop Ruleset Deluxe and they work great with Prevx! But I have tried OA Premium also without problems but as you say you hate the HIPS part as do I!

HTH,

TH

3. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Yeah the HIPS prompts and at times disabling and enabling bit can get tiring. Plus if you get a prompt you don't understand and block it you sometimes create a world of problems. With LnS I worked up a good set of rules so I may just go with that for a while...:thumb: :)

4. Fad

Fad Registered Member

Pretty much like TH, I also have just a router with LnS and Prevx.

I do realise online behaviour can be the undoing of some, but I`m not a particularly paranoid or even careful surfer, I certainly don`t worry about it too much and haven`t had a problem with this setup.

5. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Not if you are a game player.LNS will not work very friendly unless you create alot of rules===pain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.