Look 'n Stop or FortKnox?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Gringo95, May 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gringo95

Gringo95 Registered Member

I guess I'm lucky to be given the choice of using either the Look 'n Stop or FortKnox commercial firewalls. I am familiar with the difference in technologies but as this is the first time I've been able to choose what I use which in your expert opinions guys would ultimately give me the best protection?

I am capable of configuring LNS but will take the easier route with FortKnox if you tell me it's good enough.

I appreciate you may also want to make other recommendations but I only have a choice between these two!

Thanks in advance.

2. Gringo95

Making the right choice

Hi,

I'd appreciate your honest opinion here because at the moment I'm torn between LNS and another firewall which amongst other things offers protection against DNS exploits and ARP/DOS spoofs. LNS appeals because it is a pure firewall and I can choose to add a standalone HIPS if I want to. On the other hand do I need to have these other protections which I assume are not possible with LNS? I use a small amount of P2P otherwise my surfing habits are average. I use XP Pro SP2.

Thanks

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi,

If you know L'n'S, then you should know you can create rules to prevent ARP DOS spoof, and also create rules to check such as DNS IDs. etc. (using RAW rules)

- Stem

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Doesn't fortknox allow anything from local host through it just as sygate (which its obviously based on ) did?
    ellison

5. Gringo95

Thank you (both) - that's a good point about local host, can anyone answer that for me please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.