Look n Stop lite

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Steve001, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve001

Steve001 Registered Member

Hi all,

I just downloaded and installed the lite version of Look n Stop firewall. I needed a light weight firewall for a older laptop running Win98SE.

After the install, I went to grc.com to test it out. The report showed that ports 133, 1024-1030, 1031-1055, 1720, and 5000 where not in stealth mode.

133 was a easy fix. Just unchecked the TCP : Authorize Identification option. I was able to get stealth mode out of the other ports by setting rules for them. I now have full stealth mode according to grc.com.

The only problem I now have is after booting, I have to disable the firewall before I can access the net. Once I have made a connection, I can enable the firewall and everything is fine until I shutdown or reboot.

So I'm assuming the rules I made are no good. I'm going to paste what I have done below. Perhaps someone here can help me figure out what I've done wrong.

Thanks... Steve

----------------

Ethernet type = IP

Direction = Internet >> PC & PC >> Internet

Protocole = TCP

Source (PC >> Net) / Destination (Net >> PC)

Ethernet address = All

IP address = Eaual my @

TCP/UDP port = In range A-B 1024 - 1030

I reapeated the same for the other ports I mentioned above. Thanks again for any help. Really like this firewall. After I get done playing around with it, will probably buy version 2.

2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Steve001,

As a start you can try the attached ruleset, which I use on 2 computers with the light version.

Rename the attached file *.txt to *.rls and copy it into the LnS directory. Then load this file in Internet filtering and restart your internet connection.

Thomas :)

Attached Files:

3. Steve001

Steve001 Registered Member

Thanks Thomas.. I'll give it a try :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.