Look 'n' Stop Clean-Up Utility

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Phant0m, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

To show my appreciation for what Frederic been doing lately, I spent little time working on an Look ‘n’ Stop Clean-Up Utility, if you experienced messy Uninstall, now I offer ease to get rid of the left behinds, like files, folders and its registry dirt. Experience the raft of stubborn keys and its sub-keys? Not a problem with this small Clean-up Utility… It has been tested on Windows XP, running Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05p2.

-You should never Install Look ‘n’ Stop on system with another third-party software firewall installed.

-You should never install another third-party software firewall with Look ‘n’ Stop existing installation.

If you happen to be just beginning viewing the Look ‘n’ Stop forums after making these sorts of mistakes, and you interested in properly trialing it, you should consider backing up Look ‘n’ Stop “Extra Save” file (lns.reg), and the rule-set or rule-sets you use and anything else you may feel you have the need for afterwards. And do backups of the other firewall(S) configurations and whatever else you may feel the need for afterwards, and begin uninstalling software firewalls, but before you do this you should always keep Look ‘n’ Stop Installer backed up on CD or alternative HDD or somewhere else at least; there are good reasons for this, trust me. I wouldn’t advise you to try uninstalling all the software firewalls on that current session, uninstall one and re-boot, uninstall another and re-boot and cycle as many times necessary.

If there are any problems with Network settings regardless when it happened, Uninstalling Look ‘n’ Stop and re-boot and re-installation should be efficient enough to get you back up and running. If you experience at that time Look ‘n’ Stop driver load error (or even you having problems with Look ‘n’ Stop application-filtering even), execute Look ‘n’ Stop Clean-up Utility, if the current setup detects traces of Look ‘n’ Stop Uninstaller, it’ll first launch that and wait until it ends, afterwards a clean-up is performed, if there were no traces this setup found it’ll continue with the clean-up anyways. Re-boot the system, install Look ‘n’ Stop, re-boot, and enjoy.

I temporary removed Download link for Look ‘n’ Stop Clean-Up Utility until I’m capable of fully interpreting French posts by specific user in regards to this utility.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  2. manuangi

manuangi Registered Member

thank you! your utility's most appreciated! :)

3. Phant0m

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Don’t hesitate to poster possible improvements, users wish-list are always highly considered by me… ;)

4. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Thanks from me too! You never know if you want to test out another firewall of course :)

5. Phant0m

Hey Edwin024

Much appreciated, don’t hesitate to poster suggestions and problems. :)

6. ouioui01

ouioui01 Registered Member

Hi Phantom,

Can you send me by email your look'n'stop clean up utility?

THX,

~snip~

Mod Note For security reasons it would be better to use the PM feature (Private Message) rather than post your email in public - snap.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2004
  7. Skank!

Skank! Registered Member

Could I also get mailed this application please...
    Looks interesting

8. Phant0m

“Look ‘n’ Stop Firewall Clean-Up Utility” been discontinued awhile back, something very similar been released which is now known as “Phantastic UnInstaller” that works more on a global scale of software, by default there is support for Look ‘n’ Stop removal. Please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=360184&postcount=14

9. Skank!

Skank! Registered Member

Thanks for the info Phant0m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.