Long startup

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by froggy, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggy

froggy Registered Member

Hi all!!!

I have the Nod32 AV RC1 installed on my system and i must say, it seems pritty sweet :D

However, i noticed that when i log on, it takes a while for the AV to actually start...i would say about 10 - 20sec?
    The eset logo comes up, the icon in the system tray is there. I can open the gui and it says that the antivirus is not running.
    I get a popup from windows saying that eset nod32 is turned off.

Then it starts xD

Is anyone else having the same thing?

2. matthewfarmery

matthewfarmery Registered Member

yeah I have noticed this as well, Im really starting to dis like this new version, I really hope these issues are sorted out before V3 goes gold

3. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

I think this is caused by v3 trying to connect to the internet for updates before the LAN conenction is fully up, you could get round this in v2 by selecting Dial-up even if you had broadband, this way it would wait until it had a connection before trying.

Not sure if this is possible to do in V3 as i've not been able to find it the setting.

Jon

4. froggy

froggy Registered Member

ahh i see.

yeah its kinda annoying because a bunch of progs wont load untill nod32 is up and running...so it adds like 30sec to my boot time :(

5. JeremyWW

JeremyWW Registered Member

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No such thing in v3 RC1 versions

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What are your settings for the Antivirus protection - this is the one that would perform checks on start-up . Have you enabled AH or RTP there ?

You can also try to reinstall it as well as do some optimization to your machine.

1. Download fresh new EA from http://www.eset.eu/download/beta
    1. Uninstall your current version from Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs
    2. Reboot the computer when prompted
    3. Delete manually these three folders

- C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Eset
    - C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Local Settings\Application data\Eset

4. Install again EA RC1 . Use Typical install and keep essbeta for username/password . Please use strictly default settings just to see how are things going on

5. Update the programs .

6. Do some optimization:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/optimize.mspx

Make sure Automatic Updates are temporary disabled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.