Logitech Software and System Problems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mrm3601, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrm3601

mrm3601 Registered Member

The moderator may decide this post is inappropriate.

Has anyone found that Logitech's "set point" software presents software problems? I'm using a logitech keyboard (cordless desktop Wave Pro) and a Logitech Webcam (Pro 5000).

Every time either install Logitech software and/or try to update it presents problems. It sometimes effects the registry and I occassionaly get a blue screen.

Thanks again.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I love there products, never use their software.

I`v read similar sentiments stated elsewhere on the board by other Members.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

It'll be good for others to know ;) which OS you're running. That sp3 as well?

When you say update, are you referring to the drivers or OS?

What kind of a box you got running this hardware?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  4. mrm3601

mrm3601 Registered Member

I'm using XP SP3 and Firefox. When I use the word "update" I'm referring to updates of Set Point. I'm using a Velocity Micro ProMagix.

Thanks.

5. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I have also had a lot of problems with the setpoint software to the point that I now have uninstalled it. I now use the default Microsoft drivers for logitech hardware.

Logitech software used to reset the mouse pointer speed every time I rebooted my computer and I had to adjust it each time. I found out from web that lot of other folks are having similar issues and recommend uninstalling the setpoint software. I uninstalled it but the problem did not go away, and I later found out that the software failed to uninstall its startup service which still continued to reset the mouse pointer speed. I had to manually delete the startup entry to correct the problem. But that startup service should have been removed when I uninstalled the logitech setpoint software.

I now avoid logitech setpoint software like a plague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.