Login failure Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chetb, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chetb

chetb Registered Member

Acronis True Image Home 10.0 (trial version)

In trying to schedule or run a differential backup I receive this error message: E00640067: Failed to run the task.
    Failed to run the task script. Error #1326 - Logon failure:unknown user name or bad password (0xFFF0)
    code= 8007052E
    Tag= 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8A6

I don't know what user name or password Acronis wants. I originated a password to a default user name - NG. Nothing else worked either. It did a full backup without a problem (I think).

Can anyone out there help?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

It requires the user name and password that is used to log on to that particular system, ie: your user and log on.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chetb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that bodgy is correct: you need to enter your username and password you use to log into Windows (the Windows account has to have at least Backup Operator privilegies). Please be aware that there should be a password set on the account, otherwise scheduled backups will be unable to start.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. chetb

chetb Registered Member

Dear Marat --

I appreciate your response and Bodgy's to my message. I'm still stumped. This is a private at home pc. No network or other users. I don't log into windows. I turn the pc on, it boots. Running XP Home, SP2. So what password does TI want? Is there a way to establish a new login and password. Would removing and reinstalling TI help? Please advise.

Chetb

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chetb,

Please go Start->Settings->Control Panel->User Accounts and set a password for your account (or create a new account with at least Backup Administrator rights with a password). Then use the password with the corresponding username to schedule Acronis True Image backups.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.