Logical Drive is Read-Only?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bruston, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruston

bruston Registered Member

I have Acronis TrueImage 6.0 Build #350. (It's old, yes, I know.)

Usually I always perform drive imaging across my peer-to-peer network, and that works fine, but as the amount of data has grown, so has the length of time it takes to create an image.

I recently purchased a Western Digital 160GB external hard drive. I figured it would be a simple matter to create an image on the external disk using USB 2.0 speeds, but apparently it's not a simple matter, because I get the following message:

"File F:\BKUP20060403.tib cannot be created because the logical drive is read-only. Please choose another drive."

The external drive is formatted with NTFS, and "Everyone" has Full Control rights.

What's "read-only" about that?

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

1. Can TI 6 handle USB drives?
    2. Can TI 6 handle NTFS?
    3. Can you use windoze explorer to copy a file to the USB drive?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bruston,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists, please download and install the trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, try to create the image and see whether the problem remains.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. bruston

bruston Registered Member

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the Acronis drivers into my TrueImage 6.0 installation as Tatyana suggested. It was no help. The software still indicates that the logical drive is read-only.

Next, I downloaded the TrueImage 9.0 Trial, and it worked quite nicely for creating an image on the external drive.

I think I can afford the $50 to upgrade to 9.0, and I'll go on with my life.

Thanks for the help.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Price is/was a lot lower at http://www.newegg,com/.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bruston,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that there is no need to purchase the full version of Acronis True Image 9.0.

You can visit Acronis online store and purchase Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Upgrade for $29.99.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Homein the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.