logic board needed for Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 80GB hard drive

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by markymoo, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

I am trying to resurrect a Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 80GB 3.5 hard drive as there is still data on it. The logic board(green PCB) shorted out. The rest of it motor, platters is alright so there is a chance if i can replace the logic board it will live again. Due to it's design the logic board lifts clean off and so can replace with another, without no soldering required. Maxtor won't send out a replacement logic board.

If anybody has this older drive as a spare and would like to part with it i be interested as i can swap the logic board.

Thanks

Here is the spec details.

HDD: Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 SATA 80GB / 150
    Model: 6Y080M042721A
    Code: YAR51HWO
    SN: Y221HBJC
    LBA: 160086528
    Mfg Date: 2005

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

3. markymoo

Thanks alot that first link was really helpful. There was a Maxtor model matching guide there which identified the Main Controller IC 040119500 which found 2 identical items on Ebay which are in Malaysia :rolleyes: which happens to be where they made. I will give it awhile and see if i can find cheap 2nd hand drive ideally nearer to home.

In the meantime i found http://www.deadharddrive.com which someone has experienced exactly this. Apparently the firmware has to match. They have a forum i will try there also.

Attached Files:

4. markymoo

correction USA.

i add as a user who backups alot and advocates image backup ;) i been connecting this older drive to pc on rare occasions. now wishing i had a image backup for this drive as well :blink: .

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.