Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by stannsulyn, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stannsulyn

stannsulyn Guest

I log in, with 'Keep logged in option' ticked and all is ok.

I close the window, re-open it and I get an error 'You should fill in a user name'. If I then go to one of the other sections on the page I *am* logged in.

Is this my system or a Forum problem? I have tried clearing the cookies, and enabling referrer to no avail.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Unfortunately, it's most likely a configuration or software problem on your system since all members use the same forum but most don't have problems.

Of course, some systems do have problems getting logged in or staying logged in. When this happens we recommend the things in these few threads and that seems to solve it:

An Error has occured, You should fill...

can't get in?

Can't stay logged in...

Often it's a corrupt cookie (which you've already tried deleting) and browser cache (needs to be cleared, too, then system rebooted). Sometimes it's privacy software or proxies (again cookies, referrers and trusting this site is the issue in these tools). Sometimes software firewalls have settings that need to be adjusted by site.

The threads linked above, (and within those a couple more linked threads), are pretty much all we've seen regarding access problems here. All the recommendations I have to offer are in those threads. You may want to step through each one carefully and see if there isn't some small step that might make the difference.

3. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

If you are perchance using ZoneAlarm Pro with privacy filtering, try enabling third party cookies for this Site. I've found that works in some cases and with some browsers like Netscape Communicator.

Warmly, Ran

4. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Thanks, bit I still have this problem.

I have deleted all cookies, cleared the cache, re-booted, re-opened Firebird (the browser I am using but the same problem arises with IE6 with Wilders as a trusted site), and before I try to log on the panel says 'Guest' and the 'you should enter a user name' error is there.

My Firewall is Look 'n' Stop but turning this off does not help.

I'm stumped!

5. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Not stumped anymore!

The problem was with my bookmark. Dumping it and setting a new one did the trick.

Just thought I'd report back!

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ah, good to hear!

a warm welcome to Wilders, and your first Karma cookie!

I'm sure you will enjoy the forums :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.